This afternoon was cloudy but fairly calm, with breezes of around 5 MPH or so. Justin and I decided to launch a few of our rockets, including some of mine that had never been launched as well as a few that hadn't been up recently. I set up three launch stands, one with an Electron Beam controller, one with my metal 12V launch controller, and one with my new wooden 6V launch controller.
Here's the first "rack" of rockets... Estes Patriot, Estes Alpha, Centuri Sky Devil.
The first actually launched was my Centuri Sky Devil on an A8-5. The flight was nice, but the parachute was damaged (two shroud lines inexplicably cut, no burn marks) and the rocket came down hard. However, it was undamaged, and will fly again.
The second "rack"... Estes Patriot (still), Estes Bullpup, Estes Alpha.
I got out a different controller (for this was one of the Electron Beam controllers, of which we have three), and using the same (second) igniter, Justin was able to launch the Patriot at last. Excellent flight, good recovery. Need new batteries, obviously.
I launched my Estes Sprint on an A8-3. This high-flying rocket once again surprised me, trying to drift out of the field and into some trees. Amazingly, it threaded the needle between several rocket-eating trees and landed at ground level.